Saturday, May 02, 2009

Out of the mouths of babes--April

So I've been
relaxing at the beach...

oh, er, I mean working on my continuing ed
for my dental hygiene license.

OK, maybe a little of both.

We just got back into town so this month's OOMB is a couple of days late.

4/4--We were at a party where angel food cake was being served. I overheard Whit tell one of the other kids, "Do you know what it's made out of? Dead angels. And those aren't strawberries. They're angel blood!"

She appears to be so graceful and feminine...
who knew she had such a dark side?

4/4--Same party, Brandon grabbed this toy broom and a ball and said,

"Mom, I'm playing Quidditch!"
Ya think he's been reading a bit of Harry Potter?

4/4--Tonight Whit made a wish on the first star in the night sky: "I wish when I get home, there will be a real unicorn waiting for me and I can ride it to school every day."

4/6--Sometimes I wonder if W is from another time period. She uses words like "splendid" and "sundown."

And she's constantly swooning.

4/11--Here are the lyrics to Whit's latest original song:
I won't give up.
I swear that's true.
I love you.
So you keep your eyes on the prize
And I'll keep my eyes on you!

Or at least we thought it was an original. And we were SOOO impressed. The next day she told me she got that last line from a Barbie movie. Dang. We were seeing professional songwriting in her near future.

4/12--Speaking of future careers, Andrew was talking to Brandon today after church about what he could be when he grows up.
Andrew: You are so smart and so hard working, you can be anything you want when you grow up!
B: You think I could be anything? Maybe I'll be a bank robber.
Me: And you could also get arrested and spend lots of time in prison, which I hear isn't a lot of fun.
B: Maybe I could call the police and tell them that I'm going to rob a bank just to show the bank how I could get through their security system.

Future bank robber?
Yikes.

And later on in the day, he threw this out there:
B: I want to be a stay-at-home-dad when I grow up.
Andrew: Let me guess, but you'd have no kids?
B: Right.
Andrew: Why would you want to stay at home?
B: So I could play video games and eat candy all day.

I guess he figured me out. That's what I do ALL DAY LONG!!!

Maybe if the bank robber and stay-at-home
dad fall through, the Harlem Globetrotters
might want him?

4/17--This is a picture in the bathroom of a Quiznos in Virginia.
Whit's first observation?
"Look, Mom! He's wearing a monocle!"

4/20-Whit hurt herself on the back of her leg and was trying to describe the exact location. It was the part where her leg bends and she said, "It hurts in my leg pit!"

4/20--The questions my kids come up with really stump me sometimes. Today W asked, "Mom, what's dignity?" How would you respond to that on the spot?

4/21--And today she had another one, "What does 'Cindy advice' mean?"
Me: Where did you hear that?
W: On the Stuart Little CD. It says, "Hurry and Cindy advice."
Me: I have no idea what that means.
W: Grown-ups are supposed to know everything!

Uh oh. I'm busted.

4/21--As we were driving down the street here in our neighborhood Whit shouted, "I just saw an emu on the sidewalk!" That's a new one.

4/22--Getting ready for bed, W said, "I don't feel normal."
Me: What's wrong?
W: My bottom feels like roast chicken.
I have no idea how to respond to that.

4/24--When it was time for Brandon's hair cut this month, he convinced me to leave the top long and just trim the sides and back.

He said it was because he likes to spike it.

Well, he came home from school today and said, "Kaylee says I look just like Edward with my new haircut."
Me: Edward who?
B: The guy from Twilight!
Me: Has Kaylee seen Twilight?
B: I don't know.

Uh oh. I might have to keep an eye on this Kaylee chick.

4/25--Deep thoughts by Whitney: I don't think people poop in heaven.
Drew: Why not?
Whit: Because we want to keep heaven clean.

Gotta keep things clean.
Especially teeth.
(A girl after my own heart!)

And now for the bonus pics of Caroline.

My mom bought this bunny outfit for B when
he was a baby. It makes us laugh. Had to
put Care Bear in it for Easter.

She has turned into a perpetual mess-maker.
You can't take your eyes off her!

And she has started saying her first two words.
The first one? Da da.
How sweet is that?
(But I'll admit I'm a little jealous that I spend ALL
DAY with her and she says Da da first.)


Her second word?
Bye.
Or I should say, "Ba-ah."
She says it while waving and has a total
Southern accent. TOOO cute!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it! Your kids always say such cute things :) And Caroline, oh those eyes...she is adorable!

The Normal Mormon Husband said...

This OOMB cracked me up, as they all do. I was just thinking, what are we going to do when the kids are all old enough that they don't say things like this anymore? Adopt? Have another child in our forties? Whatever it takes to keep OOMB going strong.

Amber said...

Ha. Too funny. Brandon sure knows a lot about bank robbery. What do they teach kids in school here. ;)

Marianne said...

The comment about angel blood being in the angel food cake and the one about W bum feeling like roast chicken made me crack up...yes, out loud in the library!!

Thanks for sharing!! How many more hrs/credits for certification do you lack?.....the beack looked gorgeous...or splendid as W might say!

Sandy said...

Hilarious as usual!!

Natalie said...

Leg pit. Classic. Your kids crack me up!

Destiny said...

I like how Brandon thinks. He's got it all figured out.

The Oregonians said...

Have you guys been watching "Bonnie and Clyde"?

Great pics of the kids.