Monday, March 09, 2009

Lion to lamb...in a week

In NC, March definitely came in like a lion.
This is what we woke up to last Monday morning:

Isn't it pretty?
The kids got a snow day (of course).


But the surprise of the day was that Andrew's car
couldn't make it up the little hill to take him out of
our neighborhood, so he got a snow day, too.
Woo hoo!
We didn't play out in the snow much.
We decided to hunker down and keep warm.
The kids had couch cushion olympics.
No necks were broken.

And to keep things exciting, we got a red velvet
cake, threw some candles on the top and sang,
"Happy snow day to you!"
Mmm....I wish I was eating it right now....

By Friday, it was feeling more like a lamb and
then Saturday and Sunday were GLORIOUS.
I think it was in the 80's.

We took pics of the spring flowers at the local gardens,




visited the animals at the Natural Science Center,
(where B and W kept complaining, "It's too hot!
Can we go home now?" Wait until I get my wish
to move them back to the desert!)

It doesn't get better than 75 degrees at mid-morning kids!

And played in the backyard a lot.
I've found that Brandon and I are a pretty
good match-up in basketball. We've each
won a game of one-on-one and he beat me at Horse.

Caroline hadn't really spent much time outside,
except in the stroller during walks.
I think she likes it, don't you?

13 comments:

Unknown said...

We had a similar week here starting with snow and ending in the 70's...crazy, but good!

Natalie said...

Our weather really is crazy! You got some cute pics of the kids at the park though!

Ang said...

Lucky!! I just ran outside to get the newspaper and about froze my toesies off. (I probably should have put on some shoes??). I love that pic of Caroline with the daffodils!

Heather said...

I sure wish we were having warm weather. Enjoy it! My kids have decided that it is spring and they are not wearing their coat anymore, even if it does snow.

Angelica's Family Adventures said...

wow, dramatic weather! What a fun snow day! I'll take the warm weather!

Anonymous said...

You call that snow? And a snow day from school? What a bunch of wimps. Oh sure Andrew's car couldn't make it up that 0.005% grade that you call a hill. Knowing Andrew, it is more likely that he was just too cold and therefore unable to bend himself sufficiently to fit in the car. Remind us to introduce you to snow the next time you're out our way. :)

The Oregonians said...

But if you get your with to move to the desert how can you enjoy the snow?
Great shots, as usual.

The Normal Mormon Husband said...

Yeah, Colorado, you're right. I didn't try very hard to make it up the hill. It's funny how little traction you get when your car is in a gear called "Neutral."

Destiny said...

Crazy weather makes fun days. Looks like you guys know how to have fun with any type of weather.

{kim} said...

Okay, I am really jealous of the basketball court in your backyard. We NEED one of those. I will have to show this to Steve...

Anonymous said...

That snow looks so pretty. I think you've had more snow than us this year! And I can't believe Caroline's mouth full of teeth. She looks so old.

Marianne said...

I feel like the weather is being sooo crazy here too!!! Only, it seems to be running on an opposite time schedule than in NC!

Hopefully it will be warm while I'm there...I think NC is so pretty and I'd love to see it uncovered!! :)

Anonymous said...

It is full-on SPRING in North Carolina! Thanks for the great photos - Caroline is so dang adorable I want to pick her up and squeeze her! It's always a treat to catch up on your family saga - we love you and miss you.
Love,
Grandma Sweat