Thursday, June 11, 2009

On my 32nd birthday...

*I read blogs in my pj's in the morning for longer than usual and just relaxed.

*I shaved my legs. Most women view shaving as a pain (in the legs--ha ha), but I only shave about once a month and think of it as a good excuse to spend more time in the shower.

*I ate ice cream for lunch. And not just any ice cream. I'm talkin Cold Stone. Mmmmm...Peanut butter with brownies. AND it was free. For my birthday. Sweet.

*When the doorbell rang in the early afternoon, I found a cute little old man holding

this gorgeous (and delicious!) fruit arrangement
a friend had sent. I felt so sophisticated!
I ate some of it as an afternoon snack and
figured it made up for the ice cream lunch.
You're with me on this, right?

*I got to clean up fifty baby wipes that
Caroline pulled out one-by-one
as I was signing for my fruit
and reading the card. Grrrrr.

*I read Whitney a book about giant squids. We're both fascinated by them right now. They're so mysterious and creepy.

*I played "Pin-the-missing-front-teeth-on-Brandon."

Hilarious! Andrew is so creative. We had a blast playing this.

Andrew won and Brandon was an oh-so-close second.

*We got to break a High School Musical pinata and shove my kids out of the way to get more candy. Oh, wait....I mean....

I watched my kids frolic with joy as they collected the goodies.

*I got to eat out at Poblano's, my favorite local Mexican food.
Yes!


Watched Caroline make her sour face while chewing on a lemon.
(Yet she always goes back for more!)

And laughed while the kids danced to the live music.

Whit even talked her Daddy into dancing with her.

*Finished off the night with
cheesecake and watching SYTYCD.

I must say it was a good day.

(I didn't even have to use my AK.)

Oh, and I got a bonus date the next night. Andrew got a friend to babysit so that we could up to the Raleigh to the temple.

It was wonderful!

15 comments:

shelley said...

happy birthday old lady! what is your "AK?" your hubby is sure good with surprises and treating you right. what a fun day!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like a fabulous day :)

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like lots of fun. I love the pin the teeth game. Too funny!

The Normal Mormon Husband said...

Happy birthday, babe. I'm glad you enjoyed it. You're too fun.

carrie said...

happy birthday! sounds like you had a pretty good day. serves your right!

amy said...

Sounds like a great birthday! I just signed up for Cold Stone's free ice cream so I can have it for lunch on my birthday too. (-:

The Oregonians said...

What a great way to celebrate your birthday, dining,dancing, shaving, playing....Ah, youth!

Ang said...

Happy birthday Andi! What a fun fun day. And I've gotta say, you must have stood in the right line in heaven to only have to shave your legs once a MONTH. Your girls have Sweat genes, though . . . they may not be so lucky! (Blast those Sweat genes!!)

{kim} said...

Happy Birthday! I like you are so positive. You didn't even complain about being one year older :-)

Natalie said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like so much fun. The pinning teeth on Brandon picture was hilarious!

andrea said...

Shelley--It's a line from a gangsta-rap song from when I was in high school. Must be that generation gap between us. :)

OH. And I forget to add that I also got to stay up late watching the Lakers win the first game of the NBA finals!!! That's the cherry on top.

Sandy said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like you had a GREAT day!!

As a side note, yesterday I was cleaning out the video cupboard and in the very back found a little beauty called "MCKB Studio Commercial". The kids had a good laugh over all the "weird clothes" and how skinny Mommy was back then (seriously - when did just a LITTLE over 10 years ago become OLD???) Let's just say there is a sweet little clip (or two) that might just have to make it on youtube if your husband ever becomes famous. :)

CarrieMarie said...

Sounds like you had an awesome bday! Happy! : ) That fruit boquet looked pretty & delicious, too.

Destiny said...

Fruit bouquets are the best. Glad you had a very fun day.

Sawyers Family said...

It sounds like your birthday was GREAT! I love going to the Temple for a Birthday present!
And the Pin the teeth game is CREATIVE!!
Happy Birthday!