Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Out of the Mouths of Babes--May


5/2--The big kids were a little slow cleaning up Monopoly when we were done playing.  Caroline managed to get her hands on some of the money and does what any two year old would do....ate it!  Brandon said, "I guess she put her money where her mouth is."  


Cold Stone ice cream is MUCH tastier than monopoly money

5/4--A poem Whitney wrote today.  Notice the first letters of each line spell her name.
Wen the wind blows it is so
Hard to blow.
It can blow off my hat.
The wind is strong.
Nise on me
Everyone hates the wind
You like me


C-U-T-E

5/7--Whit saw a sign on the wall at school that read: What would you attempt to do if you knew you couldn't fail?  Here is her response:  "I would be in the Olympics on TV.  I'd do ice skating.  Not free skating, but dancing.  But I wouldn't wear an immodest outfit.  That would be cold."  


She knows what free skating is?

5/11--Whit was putting the silverware away and asked, "I wonder if there are such things as teaforks and tableforks."

5/21--Our dinner conversation came around to the subject of Justin Bieber, teeny bopper heart throb.  Whitney told us that she wants to meet him.  Just to clarify, she said, "I mean M-E-E-T him, not M-E-A-T him."  Thanks for clearing that up, sweetie.


Six going on thirteen

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love those comments! Gigi

CarrieMarie said...

Some good quotes there! Way to go Whit on the spelling, well, actually grammar. Knowing the spelling and meaning of meet/meat. I know some adults who still can't do that!! :)

Ang said...

I want a tablefork! And those immodest ice dancing outfits WOULD be wicked cold! Hilarious, as usual. Oh, and Elise is going to meat Justin Bieber (kinda--she's going to his concert . . . where all the pre-teen girls will look at him like he's a piece of meat!)

Anonymous said...

I really compliment you on keeping track of this stuff!

Jayne said...

Hey, I am not Anonymous. Blogger took my comment too quickly!

Sawyers Family said...

I LOVE the MEET/MEAT comment...Whitney is too funny!

Grandma Sweat said...

Happy Day - it's the end of May, which means OOTMOB's is on its way in all of its glorious array!

Loved reading these - I thought "she put her money where her mouth is" was hilarious!
XO
Grandma sweat

Anonymous said...

Grandma Sweat makes quite a rhyme.
She can do it any time.
Good thing that it's not a crime.
Or she would have to do the time.

The Oregonians said...

Are you sure Whitney isn't six going on eighteen?
Thanks for sharing.

Julia Warren said...

I LOVE OOTMOB and Whitney's abstract acrostic poetry!