Saturday, May 09, 2009

Beautiful Spring

About a month ago when we were on our
traditional Sunday afternoon walk,
I took this picture.

I was so excited that I could start seeing the green leaves popping out of the trees.

Look what happened in three weeks!
Same cul de sac.
Gorgeous.

I love, Love, LOVE spring in NC.
Of course, I don't suffer from seasonal allergies.
If I did, I might have a different opinion.


This is the view from my back patio.

Here are my very favorite trees--dogwoods.
(Not mine...we don't have any.)

White dogwoods up close

And some pink ones, too.

I LOVE irises, too.
(But I bought some cut ones earlier this week
and they died super fast. Is there a trick I
don't know about, or do they always do that?)

I even enjoy driving on the freeway.
The lovely green corridor makes me happy.

Anyone wanna come visit?

9 comments:

Amber said...

I have seasonal allergies, but I think spring in North Carolina is worth it. I love it here! BTW, did you take a picture while you were driving? :)

Megan said...

Yes, I do! How is your summer weather? LOL! (I'm not looking forward to summer in the Mojave Desert as a resident...)

The Oregonians said...

Sure beats the desert, and even Deseret.

Amy said...

Yes, I want to come visit! Someday...

I love the snow, but I don't love it when it lands on my irises.

Those Dogwoods look awesome. Trees that flower that pretty are the best.

carrie said...

I too love spring in NC, and for a lot of the same reasons. I love driving around here, and a lot of the time I'll be out driving, enjoying the scenery, listening to some good tunes, and just want to go on a road trip somewhere so I can keep driving in the green!

Ang said...

How beautiful! I love spring too. In Minnesota, the trees would explode just like that. So great!

Natalie said...

By the time we brought Finley home from the hospital everything was green! It was so nice.

Grandma Sweat said...

Andrea - Your picture of the irises is divine. You are a really good photographer - beautiful flowers, beautiful children.
xo
Grandmama Sweat

Aunt Julie said...

Dogwoods are my favorite tree, too!