Sunday, December 12, 2010

Let it snow?

I love Carolina winters because they are so mild.  And even though it gets cold and we have ice storms, we'll also have days of 50 or 60 degree weather.  But this December is feeling like a real winter.  Brrrr...  Here's what happened last weekend:

Snow!
A couple of inches!
And we didn't even cancel church.
Amazing.

Caroline LOVED it.
Look at that smile.

She was singing and dancing as she frolicked about.

I love seeing that cute little face under a stocking cap.

Brandon was braving the elements at the city Christmas parade with a friend.

Whitney made snow angels,

built a snowman with Daddy,

had a snowball fight with Daddy,

then turned her sights on Frosty.

I took all these pics from the comfort of the warm indoors.
Wimp.

8 comments:

amy said...

I'm jealous! It still hasn't snowed here more than a few sprinkles. How fun for you guys. Every kid needs to make a snowman and attack their dad and said snowman with snowballs at least once a year. Now that your kids have had their fun, hopefully you can enjoy a mild winter for the next few months. We went for a walk this last week.

Ang said...

I'm glad to see you get a little bit of snow down south! Christmas isn't Christmas without snow. (We've definitely had our fill of it up north, though!)

Angelica's Family Adventures said...

Fun! I LOVE NC winters! I really miss them. Surprised that church didn't get canceled.

Unknown said...

I am right there with you...taking my pictures from indoors, ha ha!
Looks pretty though.

The Normal Mormon Husband said...

Love the pic of Caroline in her stocking cap. Adorable. I like how the snowman died - by you and me cranking up the hot tub to 105 and Frosty melting as collateral damage. See, you're not that big of a wimp. You left the house to get into the hot tub. Now that's roughing it, you descendant of the pioneers you.

Natalie said...

Ha ha. Take that frosty!

The Oregonians said...

Why does this remind me of the
"Frankenstein" movies?

Grandma S said...

everyone is so photogenic, including the snowman! Did you see The Office last week with Dwight's psycho snowmen? It was a classic!
XO
Grandma S