Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Caroline at four months

Here's the lowdown on our baby girl:

*Weighed in at 13 lbs 2 oz,
right around the 50th percentile

*Is a total mama's girl.
Cries almost every time leave her,
even with her daddy.
(This is a first for us and I'm
hoping it's a short-lived phase!)

*Is still very drooly and almost always
has something in her mouth.
Turns out that's because she
cut her first TWO teeth this week.
(B and W didn't get teeth until 8 and 9 months.
I might need to wean C early.)

*Can roll from tummy to back fairly easily.
Has gone from back to tummy a couple of times, too.

*Is still waking up every 3-4 hours ALL NIGHT LONG.
I think I've gotten used to life as a walking zombie.
My friends don't even notice the bags under my eyes anymore!
She's getting on more of a schedule during the day
and will take longer, less frequent naps.
That part has been nice.

*Did NOT enjoy her first experience with rice cereal.
We'll keep trying and hope she catches on soon.



*When she's with me, fed, and not sleepy,
she is SUCH a happy baby.
She loves to smile and giggle and
has started this cute little babble, too.
(Mom, I tried to catch it on video just for you.)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, my gosh! I can't believe how big she is getting. The picture of her with two fingers in her mouth remind me of you. Dad might disagree but I think those were your favorite as well. Thanks for keeping
us posted on her growth! Love, Gigi

The Oregonians said...

Gesundheit!!

Natalie said...

Teeth already? That is just madness! She is so adorable!

Sandy said...

She's such a beautiful baby! Thanks for sharing all the fun pics...and hopefully she won't be a biter (ow).

Anonymous said...

I saw those fingers the second time I looked at this blog and thought, "Andi, you better stop this habit now". You remember what it took to stop your habit :) Well, we better not share that or I might be accused of abuse :) I also had not seen Mom's comment until just now. Too funny!!

Anonymous said...

I love those last two pictures of her up close and outside. So cute.

I can't believe she's already crying when you leave her. That drove me crazy with Jack. I hope it's a shorter phase for her than it was for him.

Destiny said...

Teeth already! I'm sorry. What a cutie!

Destiny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laurie said...

Aahh....she's a doll. Teeth?! Wow. All night?! Ugh. Hope she settles into her sleeping better soon. You are a true trooper. Evan has his fingers in his mouth 24-7 now too. Love her frilly, pretty top.

Anonymous said...

Oh Andrea, she is sooo beautiful - I can't believe she cut 2 teeth either! Loved the talking video at the end - and the cute little pictures all the way through - she is just the cutest little baby girl - thanks so much for sharing! Sorry she is torturing you with sleep deprivation - arghhhh!
XO
Grandma Sweat

The Normal Mormon Husband said...

The next post needs to show what it sounds like when our little mamma's girl gets left home with her dad during Enrichment, GNO, Gen. RS Meeting, Book Club, etc. It is similar to the sound of an injured emu crossed with a tornado alarm.

Unknown said...

She is so beautiful! Love the video.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Sweet Caroline! She has Andrew's mouth, I swear. Especially the upper lip! You could see it in Andrew when he was a baby.

Beautiful family
Love,
Aunt Julie