Sunday, October 26, 2008

Random Assortment of Costumes

Ya know, I like Halloween. It's fun to dress up. And even though I don't sew, I like putting together costumes for the kids every year. Well, this year, our church Trunk or Treat was LAST weekend, which totally snuck up on me. All of a sudden, it was two days away and nobody except Caroline had a costume!

She got to wear the hand-me-down
PUMPKIN costume that both
Brandon and Whitney wore for
their first Halloweens.

I LOVE it. It's the cutest thing!

The rest of us were kinda scrambling
to put something together.
I saw a pic in a magazine of a
RECYCLED COSTUME,
where you just put together
an assortment of pieces from past
costumes and call it good.

That's what I ended up doing.
Not gonna be winning any contests
with this get up.

When Andrew was supposed to be
making his movie last year for his blog,
he bought a couple of different costumes.
One of them was Pedro from Napoleon Dynamite
(which he wore for Halloween last year)
and the other was Albert Einstein.
Voila.
I couldn't stop laughing at his wig.
It kept me happy the whole evening.
The funniest part was the packaging.
It said, "Albert Einstein Instant Disguise Kit."
Yep. He could just blend in anywhere with
this wig on. You'd never notice him. :)

Brandon couldn't come up with a new
costume idea, so he told me he would
just wear his Jeff Gordon costume from
last year. BUT, in the same bag with the
Instant Disguise Kit, we found some
police man gear. So, he decided to give
a shout out to Grandpa Sweat and dress
up as a detective. Here's the good cop.

But, don't mess with him, because he can turn into
BAD COP in a heartbeat!

And to round out the random collection
of costumes, a friend let Whitney borrow this
Ariel costume.
She LOVED the outfit, but was a little bummed
that she had orange hair instead of red.
"Because the REAL Ariel had RED hair, Mom."
I thought this was close enough. Sheesh.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the costumes! So glad the pumpkin costume has come in so handy! Love, Gigi

Unknown said...

Cute...I do love that pumpkin costume!
and Andrew's "disguise" is hilarious!

heather n said...

How good are you! I don't really dress up and Erik wears the same costume every year. Since it is a scary mask, he is just now able to wear it (the kids hate it!!)

The Normal Mormon Husband said...

Andrea - Please be forewarned that as you consume your Halloween candy that the Energy required to digest it will be equal to its mass times the speed of light to the second power. I think.

-Einstein.

Natalie said...

The costumes turned out great! I think Caroline was such an adorable pumpkin!

Sandy said...

I'm impressed! You totally pulled off some fun costumes - for some reason the term "instant disguise kit" cracked me up. 'Cuz, you know - someone disguised as a famous dead guy with crazy hair is totally believable, right?:)

Ang said...

I just like seeing a dental hygienist with green teeth.

Anonymous said...

The recycled costume is a great idea. I'll have to keep that in mind when I'm scrambling for something one of these years.

Unknown said...

These were great! I love your little pumpkin! You all look fab. Yea, instant disguise kit is hilarious!