Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Did ya miss me?

So sorry for the long blog absence. I've missed blogging. Grandma Cuca came into town to visit. She was with us all last week. We have so much fun when she's around. We play lots of Skip-Bo and Rummy, eat lots of good homemade Mexican food, and gorge ourselves on ice cream every night. What a life!

Andrew and I snuck away one night for a date. We had a good time, but it got cut short because Caroline woke up when she was supposed to already be down for the night. Dang. And to make it worse, her bedroom door had somehow been locked from the inside so Grandma couldn't get to her. What a helpless feeling! Thankfully, she figured out how to break in before Andrew and I got home. But Caroline was kinda traumatized by then.

And Grandma and I snuck away another night for cheesecake. Mmmm...

Amazingly, I didn't gain a pound over the course of her visit. And I've been keeping close track as I try to shed the last of my baby fat.


Here are a couple pics from our visit with Grandma Cuca.

She's not supposed to lift over 10 pounds
because of her back. Little chunker Caroline
weighs 16. I argued with her for the first
three days, "Don't pick up the baby!"
After that I gave up.

Grandma has a special spot in her heart
for Miss Whitney.

We had gorgeous weather while she
was here and enjoyed a picnic at the park
one afternoon. Caroline has already grown fond
of the swings. Wheee!

On Saturday, all of us drove down to Georgia to visit with my little bro, his wife, son and the guest of honor, their adorable new baby girl, Sydney.

It's amazing how quickly I forgot
how small they are when they're first born.
She was like a little doll.
With a FULL head of hair.

Caroline looked like a GIANT next to Sydney.

She's not used to seeing people smaller than her.
I think Caroline thought Sydney was a new toy.
Watch out!

My parents were in town visiting, too.
Here they are with all five of their grandkids.
(Notice B's saggy, baggy socks. I let him pack
his own suitcase and he didn't bring a single
pair of socks. He had to wear Andrew's white
socks to church. D'oh!)

What a bunch of cuties.

Sydney, Carson, Brandon, Caroline, and Whit

It was a great break. Andrew took off Monday and Tuesday and we had a four-day weekend down there. Now it's back to piles of laundry, homework, bills, etc. Thanksgiving will be here soon, right?

10 comments:

Sandy said...

Wow - Caroline looks huge next to her new cousin! Crazy how fast they grow!

Unknown said...

What a great time with your family! I love that first picture of Caroline and your Grandma. You also got some great cousins pictures!

Joey/Denny/Emma said...

I think those are some of the cutest photos I've seen on your blog (and that's saying something). The kids are all beyond adorable. And homemade Mexican food and ice cream every night. That's got to be the definition of good times.

Ang said...

You're back! As you know, I was getting worried :-).

Is it just me, or is Caroline pretty much the most beautiful baby ever?? (Except for Vivian, and Macy, and my other niece Lily). But dang, she's good lookin.

Natalie said...

That picture of the two babies side by side is too cute. Glad you had so much fun with the fam. And Brandon - don't feel bad about forgeting to pack socks, last weekend when we went out of town David forgot to pack his toothbrush, socks, and underwear. Yay.

Natalie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Angelica's Family Adventures said...

How fun! MMMmmmm I want some homemade mexican food & I know Jeff would love some too. It really is amazing how fast babies grow. So Cute!

Anonymous said...

Oh the babyness of it all! Thanks for the beautiful pictures - I still think Caron favors me (as a cute little black man commented a few years ago when I was at the park with Carson and Brandon and Whitney!)

I think Grandma Cuca and Whitney's eyes are exactly the same color - that's pretty fun.
XO
Grandma Sweat

Marianne said...

What adorable kids!!!! I'm sure your parents had a blast!!! I love the story about B's socks....too funny!!!

Jessica said...

So cute! Your grandma is the sweetest lady! I haven't seen her in forever. Looks like you had fun!