Thursday, January 01, 2009

Out of the mouths of babes--December

It's a short post this month, so I'm including some video clips at the end of some of the kids' latest tricks.

12/7--Often when we're reading scriptures with the kids, we try to teach them through questions. "Was he being obedient?" "What do we learn from that story?" "Was that a good choice?" etc. Tonight Whitney dished it right back at us. She used the same tone we do and asked, "Do we get to heaven by biting other people?"

Let's not test the biting theory on each other. Please.

12/8--Whitney is a rule keeper. It's so nice to have one of those for a child. Not that she's perfect, but she likes order and tries to remember to stay in line. Sometimes I'll overhear her repeating rules to herself like, "Don't drink the bathwater." or "Close the door behind me." But today she broke out a rule I'd never heard, "Don't look at robots in the face." Why not? "Because they might attack you." Yikes.

Don't make eye contact

12/17--Here's the story Whitney told me today:
Once there was a unicorn named Unicornia. She was trapped by Dr. Doom. He's the bad guy and he loves to eat unicorns. He lives in a big castle with a machine that slices unicorns. Unicornia lives in a town named Unicorn Town. Elisi is Unicornia's Mom. She can rescue Unicornia. She's perfect for the job! But Unicornia's horn stabbed Dr. Doom and turned him into a nice unicorn. Now there are now more unicorn left in Unicorn Town. They all moved underground to meet the other unicorns that live there.
Wow. I was impressed. I told her what a great storyteller was and she replied, "It's real!"

12/21--Here's the joke Brandon told his dad and grandpa this morning. I think he made it up himself, but am not sure:
What's the difference between french fries and pea soup?
You can go to France and get fries, but you can't pee soup. ha ha

Not QUITE as cute as the baby girls in the tub,
but apparently a comfy way to watch TV.

12/27--While watching Sat morning cartoons, Whit randomly said, "I love butter. I want to lick it. I wish I had a butter popsicle...or butter ice cream!" Ewww.

On a random side note, Andrew's back is still
really bad. He has been very limited
in what he can do. Even walking for
extended periods is painful. I know
it's wrong to laugh at the misery of others,
but I couldn't help cracking up when
he borrowed a Jazzy at the grocery store.
Riding in style, babe.

On to the videos.... They are each just a few seconds
long and have no sound because I took them with
my digital camera that has no mic. :)

Look what Caroline learned to do:

I love that she takes a little roll at the end and
just keeps on trucking along.
Time to take the babyproofing to a whole new level.

I think this might be B's impression of the
famous Bigfoot video.

And I think that fall was on purpose.



Whitney likes to make snow angels.
And she's pretty darn good at it.

This reminded me of a cartoon character.

He's so floppy as he goes down. Silly guy.

Happy New Year! Here's to many more smiles laughs in 2009.

10 comments:

Destiny said...

Caroline is crawling? Wow, my little girl is so behind. Your kids have big imaginations.

shelley said...

and whit, you need robot life insurance!

(have you seen that snl "commercial" where they tell old people that the biggest threat facing them isn't heart attacks or strokes, it's robot attacks... i think whit may be on to something.)

i also borrowed a jazzy when i was 9 months preggo with shaelyn and it hurt to walk. i was tempted last week to do the same with rachelle. but seeing the pic of andrew has cured me of that thought... :)

Sandy said...

Totally cracking up at your gangsta husband and his ghetto ride at the grocery store:) Great post - your kids are hilarious!! Butter popsicles - EW!!

Natalie said...

I can't believe Caroline is crawling! And poor Andrew. I hope his back gets better soon.

The Oregonians said...

Buy Whitney some Butterbrickle Ice Cream, and save some for me.
Andrew, you probably get good mileage on that rig but will it go from 0-60 in under one hour
It was great seeing you all this week. Can we claim we saw Caroline crawling for 4 seconds at our condo?

The Normal Mormon Husband said...

Mmmm...butter ice cream. And no mocking the jazzy! I was just afraid that it was going to run out of batteries and then I would stand up and walk away, like some punk teen-ager out on a joyride. I love your OOMB's. Great posts.

Anonymous said...

I wish we could've been there with you guys to make snow angels and floppily go down the slide. Too fun. It was great seeing Caroline crawl in person. She's a cutie!

Matt and Heather said...

This probably sounds silly... maybe weird... but i look forward to the end of the month so I can read your "out of the mouth of babes"... they always crack me up. Your kids are so cute :)
Hope you had a Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

Cute post...as always! On our Christmas trip one of my nieces actually ate a little bowl of butter...she and Whitney would get along :)

Jen and Ryan Murphy said...

I love it! You're so good at this blogging thing! You're kids are too darn cute with their imagination and cuteness. I love the joke!!!!!!
Andrew is certainly stylin' in his cozy coupe...I've always wanted an excuse to try one:)

Happy New Years! Send me your address so I can send you our extremely be-lated holiday card!

Love ya!