Saturday, January 31, 2009

Out of the mouths of babes--January

Ok, so the photos don't necessarily correspond with my kids' quotes this month. Instead you get a random smattering of pics that didn't make it into other posts. Enjoy!

1/4--We were enjoying a delicious lunch at my parent's home today. My mom had a friend over who has a daugher Whit's age. Here was part of their conversation:
W: My Daddy's hot!
Hannah: Are you going to marry him?
W: NO! (pause) I'm going to marry my brother.
We've had a few talks to try to clear that one up, but I'm not sure she's convinced. She thinks that since she loves her brother, that's who she should marry.

Brandon or Daddy? Such big decisions.

1/13--Whitney will often have elaborate one-sided phone conversations. It's her new favorite game. Sometimes she'll even ask us to join in and we'll talk on the "phone" from across the room. Today I heard her in the backseat talking to a pretend friend named Brooke. She asked her, "Hey, Brooke. How's that famine goin'?" You know, the normal everyday conversation of a four year old.

Whit the one-eyed baker

1/18--I was being lazy this morning and stayed in bed as long as possible. Whit came in and snuggled with me for a little while. She was staring at me and said, "Your face looks like mountains.... It's keeping me warm.... I like being warm." Uh...thanks?

She didn't seem to mind being cold during
our snow day earlier this month, either.

1/18--B is really into Madden video games right now. Andrew taught him how to play and he LOVES it. So today he tells me, "Look, Mom. It's like all the molecules in my hands are the NFL teams and I can rush them!" He proceeded to make a fist with one hand and punch the other. This is normal 7-year-old-boy behavior, right? Right??

Like father, like son.

1/18--Whit was snuggling with her daddy when he got home from work tonight. She is the snuggle queen. She told him, "I can't stop looking at your face!" When he asked why, she said, "It's so handsome." I'm with you on that one, girl.

Care bear and her handsome daddy

1/19--Whitney and I were talking about nice things we can say and do to others. I said, "We can give compliments." Whit said, "We can give gift cards." She'll probably have more friends than me.

Future Jedi?

1/19--W was singing "Little Bunny Foo Foo" this afternoon. Brandon asked her, "Do you know what a GOON is?" She said she didn't. His answer: "It's like a henchman." What? Who uses that word?

1/19 --At the dinner table tonight, Brandon had some sage advice for his baby sister, Caroline. He told her, "Enjoy this time of life while you can, Caroline. Because pretty soon you'll grow up and you'll have to work all the time like me." Who is this kid??? He must have an "old soul" like his Dad.

Matching cheezy smiles

1/29--A glimpse into Brandon's psyche: "I love nightmares. They are SO cool. Especially if I'm on the bad team." I worry about the teenage years with this boy.

1/30--W's random comment from the backseat tonight, "I met a germ one time." Alrighty then.

Caroline's latest trick: Pulling herself up to standing.
She was still 7 months when she started.
What's up with this super strong girl?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look at those teeth! And I mean Caroline's, although your whole family has good teeth. She looks so old pulling herself up in that last picture.
And I love that Whit's going to marry her brother. That's sweet.

The Normal Mormon Husband said...

Who rocks the boat?
OOMB rocks the boat!
And it's gonna rock it,
All the way down.
(Just me showing my enthusiastic support of OOMB. Never stop doing these. They're awesome.)

Unknown said...

I love these posts. Funny kids! Cute kids too!

The Oregonians said...

Thanks for the pictures and the quotes.

The Oregonians said...

Somehow we got cut off. Previous comment should have also said:
"Good lookin' family."

Anonymous said...

January is 31 days long and now it's over - how do I know? Because you did OOTMOB! (I guess Andrew abbreviates it to OOMB but I kinda like ewtmob! Smiled all the way through, and then laughed out loud when I got to the "gift cards" comment and then just kept laughing all the way to the end with each new quote. Thanks so much! And my GOSH-you and Brandon DO have the same big smile!
XO
Grandma Sweat

Ang said...

Famines, henchmen. Classic.

Vlazny's said...

All boys know what henchmen are. They are the bad guys you have to beat before you can fight the Boss. It's a superhero thing, girls just wouldn't understand. I just hope that I can teach Caden to play video games too.

Natalie said...

Marrying her brother? What have you been teaching these children? Just kidding. Too funny!

Sandy said...

I need to get me some gift cards...Whitney, do you want to be friends?:)

Hilarious, as usual!