Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Telltale signs of a successful date night

1. Happy, smiling parents.
Yes, we are giddy when we get time to ourselves.

2. Takeout boxes from a yummy restaurant.
3. Piles and piles of tickets from Chuck E. Cheese.

Chuck E. Cheese's is PACKED at 8:30 pm on a Saturday night. So we decided to go to dinner first. And it's actually a REALLY fun place to be at 10! You have free reign of the games and can cast judgmental glances at all the parents who still have their small children out at that hour. Kidding...sort of. We had an unbelievable run on the Skee Ball machines. For those who are unfamiliar with one of our favorite pastimes, if you score over 450,000 points, you win the bonus--complete with flashing lights and ringing bells. On my VERY FIRST game, I won!! 250 tickets, baby! Woo hoo! I figured I better stop while I was ahead. Andrew proceeded to also win the bonus three of his first four games. Are you kidding me? Unfortunately for us (but good thinking by the CEC peopl) the number of tickets won resets to zero each time someone gets the bonus. Still, we scored. We also had fun playing pop-a-shot basketball, air hockey (I stunk), and racing each other on The Fast and the Furious.

Caroline is so high maintenance and stranger anxious, that we are just now starting to get back into the dating routine and the girl is 8 months old. I had almost forgotten how fun Andrew is...especially when he's not in severe chronic pain.


4. Coming home to three sleeping kids.
(The pics of the girls were not so flattering.
You'll have to take my word for it.)

6 comments:

Ang said...

I'm so glad you were able to get out! I'm especially glad Drew is feeling better and more like his old self. And I think it's hilariously wonderful that you guys go to Chuck E Cheese for your date night :-).

Destiny said...

Sounds like a fun evening. Remind me to never challenge you to a Skee Ball war.

The Oregonians said...

We believe you.

Natalie said...

The take out looks yummy. Where is it from?

andrea said...

Mmmm... Macaroni Grill. My parents had given us a gift certificate. It was really good. They're running a special right now where you can get a salad, your choice of several entrees, and a dessert for twelve or thirteen bucks. SO good and not a bad deal either.

Sandy said...

Yay! I'm glad you guys are getting out there again:) I'm a few months off from that one at this point...our "dates" are anything where there is no more than 1 child in the room with us:) Soon...soon...