Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Family art gallery

So I got this idea from Family Fun Magazine and I love it. It's a way to display your kids' artwork. I scoured local thrift stores for good-sized frames. (And happened to find a great pair of woman's boots in my size that look brand new for six bucks!) When I had several frames I liked, I took out the glass and backing and painted them all silver. Then I hung them on the walls of the bonus room with a little binder clip at the top.

Like this.


Then the kids can have their artwork framed.
Just like the pros.

And we can easily switch them out as new masterpieces come home.

Maybe we'll hold an opening reception one of these days.
And charge big bucks.
Anyone wanna come?

10 comments:

shelley said...

i'm coming only to steal your idea. and i'll pay BIG - in burnt brownies. you're kids will love that!!! :)

Unknown said...

I love it! I need to do that!

The Oregonians said...

Count us in. Wish we'd had that many times in the 50s, 60s, 70s, etc.

Destiny said...

cleaver idea. I bet your kids love it as well.

Natalie said...

What a clever idea. It looks great too!

Angelica's Family Adventures said...

What a fun thing to do. I know how much kids love seeing their art up. It saves space on the fridge too.

A Hunter said...

A couple of hours ago I was looking for frames to display the school stuff. This looks much easier than what I had in mind. Thanks for the idea!

Sandy said...

oh my gosh - I was just looking down my hall TODAY and was trying to think of some way to display the kids' artwork that I could change out - this is PERFECT!!! Thanks!

Matt and Heather said...

What a cute idea!!! Makes me wanna start having kids... For now i'll just ask Matt to draw me pictures.

Heather said...

Cute idea... my kids are always bringing home or making pictures. Now I can have a place for them to hang.