Sunday, February 15, 2009

That's amore!

I totally got spoiled in the revelry of Valentine's day this year. I got to go on not one, but TWO dates on Friday, then had a really fun dinner at home with the kids last night. Here are some pics of the festivities.

I got to help with Whit's preschool V Day party. She has such a cute class. I love seeing her in school mode. She is such a big girl!

They played Valentine bingo and decorated cupcakes.

Bonus perk: One of my best friends is her
assistant teacher, so she watched Caroline for me.
Thanks, Bea!

That evening, B-train and I went to his school's V-Day dance.

We got all dressed up and boogied down.
(Man, we look like we're glowing!)

It was so fun at the beginning, we were dancing and being crazy and laughing so hard. Then we stopped to get a treat. (B's favorite part.) When we went back into the dance some of B's friends were there and I was left dancing the Cha Cha Slide with two other moms while the boys ran around the dance floor chasing each other. Good thing we have 8 more years to figure out proper dating etiquette.

We came home from the dance and hurried to get the kids ready for bed by the time the babysitter got here. Andrew had planned our date and told me I needed to change into "outdoorsy" clothes. Hmmm.... I was intrigued. Midnight hiking? Spelunking? How many outdoor activities can be done under cover of darkness?

Oh, he knew what we was doing.
He reserved a campsite at a local park,
started a campfire,

and we made s'mores.

I can't believe how much planning went into this date. (And most of the last-minute packing was done while he was in charge of both girls and I was dancing the night away with B.) Not only did he have all the necessary items for making a fire and s'mores, but he also brought along his iPod and speakers for us to dance, a light-up Frisbee, milk chugs, Martenelli's and champagne glasses. He really went all out. It was wonderful. I LOVED it. We had a great time and it went by way too fast. If Caroline wasn't still waking up at 4:30 am, I would've been tempted to actually stay the night out there.

Then last night, we decided to have a nice dinner at home instead of fighting the crowds.


Cheers!
I'm really feeling the love in the air right now.

9 comments:

The Oregonians said...

Well, that sure makes the rest of us husbands look like pikers. Thanks for the great pics.

The Oregonians said...

Well, that sure makes the rest of us husbands look like pikers. Thanks for the great pics.

The Oregonians said...

Ooops.

Sandy said...

Totally cute on the mother/son dance!

I'm impressed with Andrew's date idea -- I told Jake about it today, hinting that it would be a GREAT thing to do sometime...and, sadly, its about the ONLY thing that we can do here besides dinner at the cafe...we have offers of babysitters all the time and nowhere to go to use it! So good thing you guys reminded me about the good old mountains:)

The Normal Mormon Husband said...

Does this mean I'm off the hook for planning another creative date for the next year? I hope so because it will take me until at least December to recover. And hey, thanks for buying the delicious steaks that we grilled up last night. Very tasty.

Ang said...

Very impressive!! Creative AND utilizing marshmallows. Bravo! I love that they had a mom/son dance for Brandon, too.

Joey/Denny/Emma said...

What's a piker?

Natalie said...

Andrew did such a good job planning the date! And how cute is it that Brandon had a school dance. We don't have those at my school.

Anonymous said...

Doesn't Martinelli's and Milk Chugs in your stomach at the same time make you want to throw up?