Sunday, October 17, 2010

Fall fun: Corn Maze

The temperature still felt like summer, but we wanted to get started on our fall traditions, so we headed down to Kersey Valley to try out their corn maze.  I was also tempted to try out their zip line course, but with the fear of heights that runs in our family, I couldn't talk anyone into joining me.

Brandon and Whit bounced on the giant jumping pillow.

I love how Whit looks as straight as an arrow in this pic.
Who jumps like that?

After seeing how tall we are this fall,
(Andrew's still 6'6")
we were ready to take on the maze.

Our challenge:
To make our way through this!
I loved how they had it set up.
We were Farm Scene Investigators (FSI) and had to figure
out who killed the farmer.   We had a little guidebook with 7 suspects,
7 possible weapons, and 7 locations.  Hidden in the maze were six stations
that eliminated suspects, weapons, and places one by one.

We were off!
It took us a long time to find the first station
and figure out what we were doing.

I think I had more fun than the kids.
They kept saying, "I'm tired of walking.  I'm thirsty.  Are we done yet?"
But we hung in there and solved the crime.
Yes.

Outside of the maze, they had this little fossil dig.
The kids had more fun with this than the maze.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Fun! My older boys would be so jealous of that maze!

The Oregonians said...

Okay, Inspector Closeau, who did it?
Fun pictures. Glad you didn't get lost.

Ang said...

I've been IN a bunch of corn mazes in my life, but I've never actually solved one of the little games they ask you to complete along with it. How lame am I? You win the fun mom award. And hopefully Drew won't start shrinking for at least five more years. :-)

Natalie said...

That is so cool. Glad you made it out of the maze alive!

Sandy said...

1. I'm surprised Andrew hasn't shrunk with all his back problems - good job, dude. 2. FUN! I've never been to a corn maze (I know - even after living in Provo for 8years) and 3. You guys have WAY funner family outings where you live than we do!!