Sunday, February 10, 2008

Weekend Update

Here's what we've been up to.

Brandon invited me to the Valentine's Dance at his school. Ooo la la. We had a great time.

They even had a classic dance photo op.

We threw it down to such classics as YMCA,
Macarena, Chicken Dance, and Electric Slide.
B picked up on the line dances quickly.
He's such a cutie.
When we weren't doing line dances,
B was just running around in circles with
his friends while I talked with their moms.
Fun for both of us!

Sometimes it got a little out of control,
but there were no major injuries.

Whitney had a very important first on Friday. She let me blow-dry her hair. I had done mine for the dance, so she decided she wanted hers done, too. She apparently loves playing beauty shop because she sat so still the whole time. I was very impressed.
Doesn't it look good?

Wannabe super models

Andrew has been strengthening his core.
Or at least that's what his chiropractor told
him this exercise ball would do for him.
(Did anyone see that episode of The Office
with Dwight on one of these? I couldn't
stop laughing when Andrew first sat on his!)

His back is getting stronger and his doc cleared him to play basketball with the church team for the first time on Friday. He was so excited. It was at the same time as my date with B-train, so I missed his highly anticipated come back! But the team won, so I'm guessing Drew did pretty well.


I hit the 24 week mark in my pregnancy. Sweet.
Guess who my photographer was for this pic. :)
Hint: It wasn't Andrew.
I'm still feeling really well overall, with
the occasional aches and pains just starting.

Caroline is apparently enrolled in some sort of karate or rex kwan do class in the womb because her kicks are becoming downright violent. If I remember correctly, they only get harder from here on out. Yikes.

9 comments:

Natalie said...

Whitney's hair looks so good! I wonder what my hair would look like if I ever blow dried it. Hmmm...too much work though. And it is good to hear that the Lakefield Men's bball might actually have a chance now at the Stake Tourny. Go Lakefield!

Marianne said...

Andrea---Your hair looks so good! I don't think I have ever seen it so long in all my....20+ years of knowing you! You do look like a model....you should contact a maternity magazine and model for them!!

The v-dance w/ b-train looked so fun!!!

Anonymous said...

All those pictures are so cute! (Well, I can't exactly call Andrew flexing cute, but it is entertaining to see him sitting on an exercise ball). Your hair is getting so long, I like it. Do you like it long? And Whit's hair looks gorgeous all straight like that. Also, Brandon looks so old that first picture.

Laurie said...

I really like your hair too! And And the cute pictures of you to document your pregnancy (not to mention all the others with the kids). I haven't felt very strong kicks yet, but I'm just coming up on 20 weeks this week.

Anonymous said...

Brandon's energy and confidence just leap out of those school pictures - I'll betcha his teacher has some good ones to tell family and friends about "Brandon Sweat" at the end of the day! And yours and Whitney's hair(s) are loverly - I love the "blown-dry" locks of Miss Whit!

P.S. Caroline Rose, you be nice to your mommy - the future of any younger siblings depends upon your disposition and rex kwon do does NOT bode well!!
Love,

Grandma Sweat

Sandy said...

Andi - you look great! What a cute preggo girl you are:) Love the dance pictures -- somehow I doubt Brandon and his friends will act much different at dances until they're like 25:) Cute hair on Whitney, too! I missed that Office episode -- are you saying Andrew reminds you of Dwight?:)

Carrie said...

This is such a cute post! Your blog always gets me even more excited to be a mommy.

On a different note...I had my teeth cleaned today and thought about you. : ) I was thinking that you would have been A LOT more gentle than my hygienist today. Ouch!
~Carrie

Ang said...

You all look so cute in your various poses. What nice pictures! I love seeing your baby belly, especially. You look a lot like my other two sisters-in-law due in May!!

Joey/Denny/Emma said...

You and Whitney are gorgeous!! Love the blown-dry locks. That's great Andrew's back is feeling better. The few times I've had minor back problems I've always thought it would be the WORST to have to suffer with any kind of lingering back issues. Let's hope it gets better and stays better.