Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Brandon's perspective

Here was Brandon's journal entry at school the day I went into labor with Caroline.

"My mom might hav a baby today! Gigi and gpa are going to wach us. It will be so fun the babys name Is caroline. But its boring not having a brother to play with but I feel like I have one. My freind adam treats me like one. We play whith him everyday pretty much. I love my famly."

I thought that was neat to get a little glimpse into his inner feelings.

And here are some bonus pics of Caroline:
We had her first dr's appt today.
It was the first time she has left the house
since we brought her home from the hospital.
She looks so TEENY in that seat!

The doc said she looks perfect and she's
already back to her birth weight. Woo hoo!

She eats every 2 hours or so during the day.
I feel like my whole day is spent feeding her.
Luckily, B and W have been good about letting
me read to them while I nurse her, so I feel
like I'm still getting some quality time with them.

The AWESOME part about feeding her ALL DAY LONG is
that she sleeps at night. LOVE that. I'm not getting used to it,
in case this is just a short phase, but the last three nights
she has given me a good stretch of five of more hours
of sleep. Amazing what that can do. I'm feeling great.

11 comments:

Megan said...

Yay for sleep! :)

Joey/Denny/Emma said...

Happy birthday, Andrea! So glad to hear things are going well and that you're getting some rest at night. Caroline is a cutie-patooty.

Dan and Marci said...

I think she looks like Whit. But I'm always wrong so I don't know why I even commented--but I still think so :)

Anonymous said...

Whoever she looks like, she's a beauty. Sounds like things are going pretty well for all of you.
Thanks for the pictures; she changes from day to day, doesn't she?
G&G Hiatt

Ang said...

Yay! More pictures. I love her little pink outfit. She's changing so much already! And I'm so glad she's sleeping for you. Good girl.

Natalie said...

I still can't get over how tiny she is! So cute though. I am glad she is letting you get some rest. Let us know if there is anything we can do for you!

Anonymous said...

Happy, happy birthday Andrea! I think Caroline will be the first baby in the history of our 13 grandchildren who sleeps for a stretch during the night during her first week home - who does that? You are so fortunate! Love seeing your piano in the background of that last picture, too!!

Caroline is such a love! I think that's a cute picture of her little bird-like mouth in that last photo - and she's got brows already! Oh my gosh! And I like her little swooping hairline too.
Love to you all,
Mom Sweat

Laurie said...

Happy Birthday!! You know what's funny - I've been going through things like a mad woman and tucked inside a book was an old 82nd ward RS newsletter with your birthday on it. I just found it and thought, hey, it's Andi's birthday this week!! Great memories of those days.

Glad to hear you've been getting some good stretches. That is SO the way it should be - a reward for ALL that feeding!

Sandy said...

Happy birthday!

Yay for sleep! Hope it lasts!!

Paul-N-Daneen said...

So cute. love the pics can't wait to see her

Unknown said...

Can't wait to meet Caroline. She is sooo strong holding her head up like that! Too cute! Do you still have family helping?