Thursday, April 17, 2008

Tagged

My cousin (in-law?) Destinee tagged me to fill this out, so here goes.

1. What was I doing 10 years ago? Living the poor-married-student-but-happy-as-could-be life in Provo with Andrew. I was in school studying Microbiology and applying to dental hygiene programs.

2. 5 things on my to do list
1. Take Whitney to ballet
2. Decide on an A/C servicer to do seasonal maintenance
3. Take a shower
4. Finishing prepping for Whit's b'day party on Saturday.
5. Finish the bead board in Whitney and Caroline's bedroom

3. What snacks do I enjoy?

Oooooh.... there are a lot of those. I am totally on a

Smarties kick right now.

I think it's my current pregnancy craving. I ate a whole bag in five days....and it wasn't a little bag. (I'm probably not supposed to admit that.) If I have cavities after this pregnancy, I won't be able to blame them on Caroline in any way. I love ice cream and chocolate. Cheesecake is a favorite, but I rarely eat it.

4. What would I do if I were suddenly a billionaire?

I'm terrible at answering this question. I guess I would pay off the van, put a bunch in savings, and Andrew could fulfill his dream of early retirement.

Maybe he could blog for a living
and we could move to the beach.
I could get used to that.

5. 3 bad habits:
1. Letting dishes pile up for a few days before I finally decide that no magic fairy is going to do them for me, so I better do them myself.
2. Overdoing channel-surfing on the radio. I rarely hear a whole song when I'm in the car because I'm constantly hopping around. It works for me, but probably bugs other passengers.
3. Getting mad at Brandon for dumb things like getting muddy or not putting his dishes in the dishwasher. Come on, he's SIX. What do I expect?

6. Six places I have lived:
1. Logan, UT
2. Shiprock, NM
3. Rocky Boy, Montana
4. Winslow, AZ
5. Las Vegas, NV

7. 5 Jobs I've had
1. Carhop at the Root Beer Stand in Winslow
2. Dental Assistant at Winslow Dental. Loved that!
3. Answering incoming calls at NuSkin in Provo.
4. Dental hygienist through a temp agency in Tucson. Got paid great money to do something I loved. Score!
5. Stay-at-home Mom. Quite the misnomer since we are rarely home. But another really fun job. (Ask me if it's still fun in about 2 months.)

8. 5 things people don't know about me: I've done enough of these that I don't think I can come up with five, but I'll see what I can do.
1. I was a cheerleader in Junior high. Oh..my..gosh. When I see pictures of myself, I crack up. I was so lanky with my long, skinny legs sticking out of those little skirts.
2. I can sing "O Christmas Tree" in the Cree Indian. (Or at least the chorus--yea, those three words.)
3. I have gained 25 pounds in the last 8 months. Now there's something a lot of women wouldn't publish.
4. I broke my right ring finger playing softball back in the day. I self-diagnosed it by taking a dental x-ray of my finger the following morning.
This is taking me too long to think of #5. I give up.

I tag: Daneen, Erika (both of you could use a new post right about now, right?), Megan, Kiersten, and Amy. And anyone else who wants to share.

5 comments:

Anna Smith said...

It's so sad that when I saw those smarties my pregnant mind actually thought they were tums. I had no idea you were a cheerleader in middle school, I would love to see a post with those pictures.

Anonymous said...

Loved your list. ESPECIALLY the one about "O Christmas Tree" in Cree. That made me laugh and feel somewhat melancholy at the same time. Statistically speaking, I am quite certain that you are in an elite group of people who can do that (I can even sort of remember a couple of those words).

carrie said...

Rocky Boy, Montana? interesting. Ü

i do the same thing with the radio, and wonder how i ever learn new music.
-bigger

Sandy said...

Haha, I thought they were Tums, too. THAT would have been my favorite snack the first time I was pregnant - not that they tasted good, I just couldn't eat anything else without them!

Its fun to learn little factoids about you with these tag things - I cracked up about the dental-X-raying the finger bit:)

The Normal Mormon Husband said...

If we end up having baby number four one day, please promise me in advance that you will have cravings for teriyaki beef jerky instead of Smarties. I totally agree about your hair trigger on the radio dial. For being such a patient person in general, you have no patience for radio commercials.

Drew