Friday, July 18, 2008

Utah--Part 2

The Wedding
The big reason for this visit was to attend my little sister, Destiny's, wedding.

Here she is with her new husband, Robby.

It's still kind of hard to believe that she's MARRIED! She's so young. (Yes, she is the same age I was when I got married, but I felt so mature.) :) This was the first time I had ever met Robby. He's a really nice guy and they look happy together. Yay!

Andrew performed the ceremony.
I thought he did a great job.

Whitney got to be a flower girl,
along with Robby's niece.
It was a dream come true for
this wannabe princess.

My nephew, Carson, was the ring-bearer.
He did an awesome job.

And at the last minute, Brandon was given
the job of being the "dog bearer" for Peanut.
Considering we are not pet owners and he has
not been around dogs much, he rocked.


Caroline's only job was to stay quiet during the ceremony.
Not only did she refrain from screaming,
but she looked dang cute while doing it.


The happy couple

All my brothers and sisters:
Paul, Mark, Destiny, Me, Celeste

The kids impatiently waiting for the reception
to start. Love B's expression.

First Dance

We couldn't get Miss Whitney off the dance floor.
She danced with Carson,

her Daddy,

her big brother...

Heck, who needs a partner?

I thought this was a cute pic of
Robby dancing with Grandma Cuca.

Another highlight of the evening:
how excited Carson was when he
caught the garter.

It was wonderful to be with so many of our family members and to add a new brother-in-law to the mix. So thankful we could share in your big day, Destiny and Robby. Congratulations!

4 comments:

Sandy said...

Looks like a fun time! I think Jake would freak out if he had to perform a wedding for a family member - he has done 3 or 4 weddings in the last 2 years and I think the longest ceremony was like 5 minutes...he always gets a big "thanks" from all the men in the ceremony, but somehow I think women related to him would be a bit disappointed:) Love the beautiful dresses your girls are wearing and Brandon looks sharp!

Natalie said...

Awww so pretty! I always wanted to be a flower girl and never got the chance! Whitney looks great in that dress and Caroline is adorable! And what a strange coinsidence the ring bearer at our wedding caught the garter as well!

The Normal Mormon Husband said...

Great recap. It was almost like I was there! Oh, wait....

Loved the picture with B&W dancing. Can't wait for you to get home!

Drew

Anonymous said...

Such great pictures - love Brandon as the "dog bearer!" And for some reason I pictured Robbie as just a kid - maybe if his name was Robert I wouldn't have done that - but he's a MAN! They look so happy and thanks for all the great pictures - and the memories we will hold forever dear of your visit to Utah! Welcome home to North Carolina - thanks for everything and we miss all of you and you've only been gone for 7 hours!
XO
Mom Sweat