Thursday, September 04, 2008

We LOVE preschool

The house just got much quieter three mornings a week because Whit's preschool started this week. Woo hoo!

This has been a highly anticipated day
for her. I think she has been waiting all summer.

She was jumping for joy!
She moved to a different preschool
from last year.

And one of her best little girlfriends
is in her class. Yippee!

I feel blessed that neither of my kids
have suffered from separation anxiety.
She found her seat and got right to work.

It feels like deja vu because this is the same school Brandon attended.
They meet in the same classroom.
And B's teacher is now the director.
It's fun to see so many familiar faces.

When I picked her up, she reported that the day went great. Her favorite parts were story time and playing. They read a book called, "Don't Eat the Teacher." It was a hit.

Now what am I going to do with myself three mornings a week? I'm looking forward to having some quality time with Caroline other than 2 a.m feedings. I'm hoping to meet Andrew for lunch a couple times a month. (Whit's school goes until 1 pm, so I think we could make it work.) And I need to order my next BYU class so I can get cracking on that.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hooray for preschool! We are loving Kindergarten too. It is sooo peaceful around here while Avery is at school! Love your Out of the mouths posts! Seriously funny! Have ya'll read Fancy Nancy? It's one of our favorites and I think Whit would get a total kick out of it!

carrie said...

look at the list you have already...you really think you'll need to come up with stuff to fill your time. Ü

The Normal Mormon Husband said...

Thanks for letting me see the photos of her first day since I was working. Oh well, that's life. I love seeing how excited she gets for school. Let's hope she keeps it up until she finishes her Ph.D. in Princess Stories.

Natalie said...

Preschool really is the best. Glad she is enjoying it!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad she's enjoying preschool. How nice for you to have some alone time with Caroline. Maybe you should take some 1:00 naps. That's my plan for the next few months.

The Oregonians said...

We've always said "If you can make it through pre-school, a Ph.D is a breeze."
Thanks for the great pictures.