Sunday, December 30, 2007

Christmas 2007 recap

Here's what has kept us busy for the last week or so:

Whit's Christmas program at school.
She was an angel. Her class sang
such Christmas classics as "This Is the Way
the Donkey Rides" and "The Angel Told Mary Good News."
(Oh, wait. I'd never heard of those songs. How 'bout you?)

The Annual Family Gingerbread House Making Night
The latest innovation: using a hot glue gun to
build the foundation. I stole this idea for W's
preschool teachers. It ROCKS!

Building houses with candy makes W HAPPY!

This is Andrew's interpretation of our house,
complete with the hot tub (that little box to the right)
with four of us soaking our cares away.

The finished products: W, B, Me, and Drew


For Christmas Eve Dinner, Andrew requested
artichokes. They were just a side dish, but I
think the size I got could've been a meal on it's
own. SOOOO good.

After dinner, we made our annual
ornaments to add to the tree.
I bought plain glass balls.
We added paint,

swirled,

and voila!

We each made two and I love the way they turned out.

The kids enjoyed dressing up for the Nativity.
So did the parents--Andrew doubled as the donkey
and a wise man. I played the angel.

We had a VERY fun gift-a-rama on
Christmas morning. The kids got SO
much stuff. I found myself wondering
why I buy them anything fun. I think
the grandmas, grandpas, aunts, uncles,
and cousins give them PLENTY.
I think next year "Santa" might bring
them clothes and school supplies.
We spent most of the day just playing
with our new toys.
Whitney loved her new princess dress-up.

Brandon and Andrew had a blast with his new
race track, complete with Jeff Gordon's car.

When we were finally tuckered out,
the kids got dressed in their new pj's.
Aren't they cute? They look like they
could be medical assistants at a Pediatric office.

They both got sleeping bags, so they camped
on the bonus room floor to try them out.
Apparently they're kind of slick because
the kids have a tendency to end up asleep on
the floor across the room from their bag. :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pictures.
Do the gingerbread houses meet NC building codes?
G&G Hiatt

Natalie said...

I am pretty sure using a glue gun for gingerbread houses is cheating! How can you eat them afterwards? Sounds like you guys had so much fun and I love your Christmas traditions.

shelley said...

Love the hot tub.

Anonymous said...

What a great Idea for your ornaments! I am doing that next year!

Sandy said...

Looks like you guys had a great Christmas - love the ornaments! I had similar thoughts on the gift-o-rama - I was all worried that the kids would feel sad about having a "small" Christmas this year...enter Grandma:)