Thursday, December 27, 2007

It's a....

The votes are in and readers predicted we'd be having a girl. I think the final tally was 12-7. Well, we had our ultrasound this morning and you guys are good! We found out that we'll be having another little GIRL join our family in May. (That makes me 0-3 in predicting the gender of my children. So much for mother's intuition!)

Future princess


We are thrilled, a little nervous, excited and can't wait to meet the new little peanut.

Whitney was SO happy to hear that she'd be having a little sister. Brandon threw a little bit of a tantrum when we first told him. When he calmed down he said, "Well, I guess I'll just have to teach her about Pokemon and Lego." He'll be a sweet big brother.

12 comments:

Natalie said...

Yay! Congratulations! And may I suggest Natalie as a great name for a baby girl :). Just kidding! Are you guys still in for New years? Lemme know.

Greg and Nicolle said...

Wahoo, a little girl! Congratulations!

shelley said...

Yay for girls! And tell Brandon he gets to keep having his OWN room - that will be a good trade in for not having a brother.

Dan and Marci said...

Congrats and good luck! Girls add so much dynamic to a family--ad least to my family.
Fun, Fun, Fun!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, for girls! She will be adorable just like Brandon and Whit!

Joey/Denny/Emma said...

Yippeee! (I would have said the same for a boy...) That's wonderful news, you guys. I'm sure Whitney is thrilled and that Brandon will learn to be thrilled.

Anonymous said...

The following is to be sung with a very heavy French accent:

"Thank heaven for little girls...."

Grandpa Hiatt

Sandy said...

Congratulations!! Cute little ultrasound picture - looks like she has a head and a body, so you're on the right track! haha!

Ang said...

Congrats!!! We're so excited to have another niece in May (that makes THREE!). Whoop whoop!

Laurie said...

Great news. I guess it would have been great either way. I am getting anxious to find out what I am having with so many friends finding out....

Anonymous said...

I think she's adorable! I also think she has a Sweat "duck-mouth" (which is also a very cute feature - just ask Andrew)!
Can't wait to meet her!
Love,
Grandma Sweat

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your little girl!!! So...I was right about my prediction with you and wrong about my own prediction. What does that mean about my mother's intuition? lol. : )

I am so happy for you guys!!