Friday, August 29, 2008

Caroline at three months

Get ready for a HUGE dose of cuteness. I had the best photo shoot with Caroline this week and am excited to share the fruits of my labors.

Caroline hit the three month mark this week. Woo hoo! I had told myself that the first three months would be the hardest, as far as fatigue goes, so I'm hoping I remember correctly.

I think I've loved her newborn stage more
than with B or W. I am completely
smitten with her! I was trying to figure out why.
Here are my theories:
*I realize how short-lived this phase of her life is and want to savor it.
*I treasure her innocence and purity.
*I'm just getting more sentimental.

She is more interactive now and will
coo back at me when I hold her close
and look her in the eyes and smile and talk to her.

She's quick to smile back and has that
same big open-mouth smile that her
brother had as a baby.

Whit is still a GREAT helper with her
and shows no jealousy about all the
attention a newborn demands.

She loves both Brandon and Whit, but seems
to have a special spot in her heart for B and always
has big smiles for her brother.

Still doesn't sleep great. Most nights she
has two stretches of 4-5 hours each. It's
not bad, but I wish it were longer.

I LOVE her shoulders. I think they look buff,
considering what a petite little thing she is.

And I love her eyes: their shape,
size and color. Adorable.
A definite nickname has yet to emerge
for Caroline. A few that we toss around:
Carolina
Care Bear
Baby Bear

I find that we often just call her "baby girl" or
"munchkin" or "my little girlfriend."
Interesting.

We are SOOO blessed to have this
little sweetheart in our family.

14 comments:

Jayne said...

She is absolutely lovely.

Ang said...

So. Dang. Cute. What a great photo shoot! She really is a beautiful little baby. And I like her shoulders too.

Anonymous said...

These shots are all keepers. What a beauty. Hug her for us.
G&G Hiatt

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for sending these latest and greatest pictures. She is just absolutely adorable - and I wish we could run right over and kiss everyone - every picture is so beautiful - she's going to be a cool kid - she looks so grown up though - how can that happen so fast! I'm flying out in the morning to see her cousin Macy - so fun - our 3 little girls are all here safe and sound - I saw a picture of an Anne Geddesse (sp) of 3 little girls in a washtub with flowers in their hair and I think I would love to do that at Christmas - they'll be the perfect age and Caroline and Vivian can prop up Macy - my friend Debbie said she has a big washtub!
Love to you all,
Grandma SWeat

Anonymous said...

P.S.
Beautiful lighting in the photos and also very pretty bead board in the background - way to go!
Mom Sweat

The Giles Files said...

I vote for Care Bear, but that's just because we call our little one Hannah-Bear. She likes to growl. Really.

The Normal Mormon Husband said...

I think you are a little more sentimental this time because baby number three may be our last. :-)

As far as the nickname, I vote for "The O-Line" as in the offensive line of a football team. They work hard, enable the success of others, and seek little recognition for their efforts. I think there are fewer nobler groups of people than these sweaty, chubby, hungry, 350-pound men.

Marianne said...

Andrea---she is so adorable! I can't believe it's been 3 months already.

As for the "O-line"....please reject that.....no offense Andrew...one can only take so many names that could be used for teasing!! :)

Sandy said...

Darling, darling, darling pictures!! I'm getting excited to have our baby...if I just didn't have that darn labor thing to go through first...or the third trimester for that matter!!

Anonymous said...

Great photo shoot! I love that first picture and her buff little arms.

Unknown said...

What a cutie!

shelley said...

you are getting more sentimental because you know me!!!! it was bound to rub off sometime! hallelujah! you will find that life is much more layered once you get sentimental about things. :)

carrie said...

great pics! that one of all three of your cute kids is worth a million. Ü

Natalie said...

Those are some great photos indeed. I can't believe she is three months already!