Friday, September 15, 2006

Playgroup and TV

Ever since I've moved here, I've been active with a group of moms doing a playgroup. The group has changed COMPLETELY over the years, but we always manage to get together with someone to let the kids play and the moms visit. The summers are usually too busy, so we just started again a couple of weeks ago. We take turns hosting and I took the first turn. It was the Friday before Labor Day weekend, I believe. It was a total flop. No one else showed up. OK, I shouldn't say no one because my friend, Jayne, did come, but she just comes to visit with the moms because all of her kids are in school. Most of the other moms had e-mailed me to let me know they couldn't be coming for whatever reason, so I wasn't expecting a big turn out, but it was really funny that Whitney and I were just playing on our own. We called it our imaginary playgroup. :)

Well, today we got to have a REAL playgroup with real friends. It was a lot of fun. We met at the park. It was a beautiful day. The kids played well together. There was just one little incident with hair pulling between Whitney and one of her friends. Ouch!

Snack time!

We were watching one of our friends
and since I didn't have a double stroller,
Whitney got to share.

In other excitement around here, Andrew took a QUICK business trip up to Boston yesterday. He had quite an adventure trying to get home. Traffic was nuts and he would've missed his flight because he was so late getting to the airport, but his flight had been delayed like 2 hours, which would've made him miss his connection in Philadelphia. He lucked out because an earlier flight was delayed and was just boarding and had a few empty seats and he snagged one. His connecting flight was also delayed, so I don't think he got home until around 2:00 this morning. I was very much out of it, so I don't know what time it was. Thankfully, he got to sleep in this morning before heading back to work.

And, finally, Survivor premiered last night. Did anyone else watch it? What did you think? They have 20 contestants this year and they divided them into four tribes based on ethnicity. I wonder if people of mixed race were excluded from the application process... Anyway, when I heard about that, it just rubbed me the wrong way. Doesn't it seem like taking a step backwards? I decided to give it a try anyway and it was pretty good so far. It was interesting to see how shocked the contestants were about the division. And I also thought it was interesting that now they feel extra pressure to do well so they don't represent their race poorly. Personally, I hope they merge quickly and look forward to seeing how closely the original tribemates stick together.

No comments: