Monday, August 23, 2010

Our Road Trip Playlist

One of our road trip traditions is for me to burn a CD of fun songs that I think we'll all enjoy on the drive.  I start listening for songs as soon as we get home and buy one or two each month for the next year.  I also let each kid choose a song.  This year's CD was my favorite so far.  Here's the list:

Replay by Iyaz
I'm a Gummy Bear by Gummibar (Caroline's favorite and she continues to ask for it every day.)
Fireflies by Owl City
One Time by Justin Bieber (Whitney's pick)
Rockin' Robin by Bobby Day
Party in the USA by Miley Cyrus
Follow Me Down by 3OH!3
Barking at the Moon by Jenny Lewis
Already Gone by Kelly Clarkson
The Hard-Knock Life from Annie soundtrack
Cells by They Might Be Giants
Time On Your Side by Emily Jane White
Daddy-o by Frances England
I Don't Want To Live On the Moon by Ernie and Shawn Colvin
Sweet Caroline by Neil Diamond
Fire Burning by Sean Kingston (Brandon's pick)
Falling by Iration

We also listened to some fun audio books.  I got a whole bunch off ebay.  Too many--we didn't even get through them all.  Whit's favorites were from The Magic Treehouse series.  Brandon liked Alice in Wonderland.  I preferred The Secret Garden. 

Major props to my kids who were AMAZING travelers.  Even though I was SO ready to be done by the end, I think those munchkins could have just kept on driving.

6 comments:

amy said...

Congrats on a successful road trip! I can barely handle our 9hr trips to Utah and that would be a short traveling day for you. Your kids are awesome!

CarrieMarie said...

I love that soundtrack! Bet it made the trip uber dance party! : ) With the audio books for a different kind of education. Love it!!

The Oregonians said...

We don't recognize most of those tunes, but sure like the idea.
We used to make a "travel tape", with such things as theme music from "How The West Was Won", "Mutiny on the Bounty", "Superman", "Paint Your Wagon" --with a few numbers from the Brothers Four thrown in.
Time went much faster.
Glad you're all back safe and sound. Was great to see you all
while you out our way.

Kami said...

That is such a fun idea! I want to use it. :)

Grandma Sweat said...

Gummi Bear is such a great song. I hum it a lot and play it for the cousins. Forrest is not pleased - Wyatt asks for it all the time now:)
XO
Grandma Sweat

Destiny said...

Now that is cleaver idea. What a fun way to mix it up, also love the audio books