Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Christmas Moments, part 1

I love this time of year when so many memories are made. One of the best things is just spending time with our extended family members. Here are some of the moments that I want to remember.

*Eating stuffed french toast that my mom made for us after we finished opening gifts. Yum!

*Watching Sportscenter with Andrew on a lazy weekday morning

*Watching Nacho Libre with Paul, Daneen, Mom, Dad, and Andrew(who fell asleep 1/2 way through.) Such a funny show.

*Playing the game of LIFE

*Playing the Family Feud DVD game with my family. I'm not as good as I think I should be, but we have a blast.

*Watching Chrlotte's Web and seeing Whit sit on Gigi's lap for over 1/2 the movie.

*Watching B & W play with their cousin, Carson. They are SO cute together and play together really well.


*Watching BYU KILL Oregon in the bowl game. What was up with Oregon's UGLY uniforms?

*Watching NFL games with Paul, Andrew, and my Dad. We all play fantasy football and this was a big week--I overtook Paul for 2nd place, but Dad's still winning. (Andrew plays in another league.)

*Enjoying cable TV...especially the Discovery Channel. I remember now why we don't have cable. I would be such a couch potato. We've especially enjoyed watching "I Shouldn't Be Alive," "Man vs. Wild," and "Mythbusters."

*Visiting the Dinosaur Museum. I love that place! It reminds me of being a kid when I went through an I-want-to-be-a-paleontologist-when-I-grow-up phase.



Does this look like a scene straight out of Ice Age?

The kids got to dig for fossils

*Sledding with our little family.



*Eating YUMMY Mexican food with my family. My favorites--chicken and rice, beans, homemade tortillas, and even some of Modi's tamales. Delicioso!

*Driving around on Christmas Eve to look at Christmas lights. This is one of the traditions that my family had growing up and that has continued with our little family. We saw some really pretty homes and one neighborhood where the whole street worked together and told the Christmas story from Luke with big storyboards on the lawns. How cool is that?



So it's the kind of thing that's difficult to capture on film.
I tried.

*Sitting at the kitchen table making Christmas bracelets with Daneen.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're having so much fun! Diane and her crew came over Christmas Eve. And tonight she and I are going out to dinner with our moms. (Jayne and Diane are going out to dinner with Diane and Jane).

Happy New Year!

Jayne

Anonymous said...

It looks like you guys have had a lot of fun! Wasn't that dinosaur museum closed for a while? It seems to me we tried to go to it once or twice and it was closed...nifty bracelets, too - one of the things I want to do this year is make some jewelry. We're going to try and go sledding tomorrow...we're in the middle of a blizzard right now. It not even 2pm and we've gotten 4-5 inches of snow already today. Anyway, I'm glad you guys are having a good Christmas! Has anyone recognized you on the streets from you famous CK photo, yet? :)

Laurie said...

Oh I love the photos. I just did an entry with a similar title. So glad you had a fun Christmas!

Cameron's Blog said...

It looks like you all had an amazing Christmas break and I know it was precious time spent with the fam. I miss you and can't wait to see everyone again soon. I need you to show me or tell me how to insert pics throughout the blog. Casey only knows how to put in the initial pic. Love you friend. Shelly